How can I pick the right WiFi provider for my business?
Keep in mind that your internet connection is vital to your business. As such, you need to work with the right provider that can give you the support you need without compromising on quality, speed, and reliability.
Consider the following pointers:
- Current and future needs — Do you intend to have plenty of video conferences? Do you need both public and private networks? What are the online activities that you’re going to need today and in the future? Do you rely heavily on cloud storage (if not, do you foresee doing so in the future)? Your WiFi needs to fit your business strategy, whether you intend to stay small or expand fast.
- Budget — Shop around for the right solution to your needs, but also for their corresponding costs. Look at your budget, so you can see which provider you can realistically work with.
- Security — Does the provider fit the security protocol you have in place? Do you provide the devices to your employees or will they bring their own? Can the ISP guarantee security to the devices you’ll use?
- Equipment — The wrong equipment can easily derail everyone’s internet connection. Customers may feel frustrated (which will reflect badly on your business) and your staff’s production will slow down. Make sure your ISP can provide the proper equipment to handle business needs.
- Scaling — What if you suddenly need to hire more employees and add more devices? Your ISP should have the capacity to scale with you, when you do decide to expand.